The Network operates under a rotating presidency. An advisory group composed in the following manner supports each year’s President: (i) Presidency troika –current, former and future Presidents–, (ii) nominated representatives from within the membership, seeking geographical representation and rotating participation of different member organizations.
The International Consumer Protection Enforcement Network (ICPEN) is a membership organization consisting of consumer protection law enforcement authorities from across the globe. ICPEN provides a forum for developing and maintaining regular contact between consumer protection agencies and focusing on consumer protection concerns. By encouraging cooperation between agencies ICPEN aims to enable its members to have a greater impact with their consumer laws and regulations.
According with the Memorandum of Understanding, the President is in charge of:
- Hosting at least one conference for Members, Partners and Observers, at which they will review and plan the activities of the Network.
- Leading the Advisory Group.
- Maintaining the list of Network contacts up to date and circulate new versions on a regular basis.
- Acting as a focal point for information regarding the operation of the Network itself.
- Providing a central address, telephone and fax number to which all notifications regarding the list of Network contacts should be sent.
Greetings from the Superintendent of Industry and Commerce
My name is Andrés Barreto and I am the head of the Consumer Authority in Colombia. We are very pleased to be holding the Presidency of the Network this upcoming year.
ICPEN has given us many tools to fight against the violations of the consumer rights and when facing many challenges in this upcoming digital era.
We will be hosting the Best Practices Workshop in the city of Cartagena next September, I hope to see you there and meet you all.
Best Practices Workshop
The Best Practices Workshop (BPW) is normally a 2-day training session targeted at enforcement officials and staff from consumer protection agencies. It is intended to provide practical enforcement focused sessions on current consumer protection topics, cross border cases and cooperation skills. (Extracted from the 2011 Guidance of ICPEN Roles).
- Location: Cartagena D.T, Colombia
- ates: 23-27 of September 2019.