The International Affairs Group of the SIC is in charge of managing and coordinating the relations of this Entity with counterpart authorities and international organizations associated with its missional areas – competition protection, consumer protection, personal data protection, industrial property, legal metrology and technical regulations, and jurisdictional affairs.
Its principal objective is to promote international cooperation in order to enhance the functions of the Deputy Superintendences, according to the highest international standards and the best practices of prevention and enforcement adopted around the world.
The main functions of the Working Group are:
- Coordinate and manage the international relations of the SIC and provide support and advice in this sense to all its missional areas.
- Coordinate the subscription of agreements, memorandums of understanding or related cooperation instruments with counterpart authorities of the SIC and international organizations.
- Promote the participation of the SIC in committees and working groups of the international organizations associated with its missional areas.
- Keep track and monitor the commitments derived from the international relations of the SIC.
- Coordinate the international cooperation strategy of the SIC.
- Look for international cooperation resources to finance activities or projects related to the missional areas of the SIC.
- Promote the participation of the public servants of the SIC in international academic spaces.
- Support the organizations of international forums, seminaries, workshops and congresses organized by the SIC.
- Support and provide technical assistance to other Government authorities whenever they require collaboration of the SIC in international issues related to its functions.
- Collaborate in the “international commissions” proceedings of the public servants of the SIC who travel abroad in the framework of their functions.
SIC Resolution No. 12003 of March 18, 2015.
Cristina Rodríguez Corzo
Mateo Varela Martínez
Susy Serrano González
Daniela Salazar Diaz
Diana Restrepo Gomez